1/17/09

Foiled Again


Foiled Again

Four Bachelor Gentleman discuss a prior encounter with a mutual acquaintance

Mr. X: “You should have seen him last night! First he wakes me up out of bed and makes us come to
his house for dinner.”

Mr. Y: Begs us.”

Mr. X: “Then he expects us to sit on the porch, when it’s freezing out!”

Mr. Y  “We had to borrow sweaters and jackets!”

Mr. X: “He says he’s going to stir-fry, but he doesn’t make it, and he doesn’t make it, and we get hungrier and hungrier.”

Mr. Y: “We were starving.

Mr. X: “Then finally he orders in. ”

Mr. Y: “We had to insist.”

Mr. X: “Then he spills the whole bottle of champagne I brought!”

Mr. Y:  “Onto the movie I brought to watch! We finally left when he broke that champagne glass!”

Mr. X  “Oh, and it was a priceless moment. He had just gotten done telling us how expensive and nice a set of glasses they were, and how he had only four left, and he couldn’t possibly replace them.”

Mr. Y: “Then Blam! He knocks it with his elbow and it goes crashing!”

(All laugh wickedly)

Monsieur P: “Well, it sounds like he wanted you to leave.”

Monsieur Q: “Sure! First he puts you out in the cold.”

Monsieur P: “ Well the cold didn’t work! I know, I’ll just not feed them.”

Monsieur Q: “Damn, I was sure that would work! I’ve got it! I’ll spill the champagne!”

Monsieur P: “Drats! They still won’t leave! I didn’t want to do this, but I’m going to have to break a champagne glass!”

Monsieur Q: “But first I’ll tell the story of how it’s so expensive and rare…”

Monsieur P: “And if that doesn’t work, I don’t know what!”

(All laugh wickedly)

Monsieur P:  “You really should have taken the hint, and just left.”

Monsieur Q:  You’re lucky; you might have got an axe through the head, behaving like that.”

Mr. X:  “Oh I knew what he was up to all along, but I wasn’t leaving! He got me out of bed!”

From - A Vile Old Queen’s Guide To Etiquette And Proper Living